Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Wonderful A/C

Just so you all weren't worrying too much, our A/C if finally up and going!!! Sunday we did break down and go stay at the motel. Oh what a fun night that was. Sam is always wired when we go to a motel and was bouncing off the walls, beds, chairs, whatever he possibly could. After finally getting him to bed we all tried to get some sleep. It was a restless night and we were so lucky enough to stay right across from a McDonald's so we could be awoken at 5am with "Welcome to McDonald's may I take your order?"! That went on for the rest of the morning!!! AAARRRGGG!! After going to work and school we had high hopes for the A/C to be repaired that day. Ha ha ha ha silly us. The dang part was not compatible with our A/C because they discontinued it!!! Can I say another AAARRRGGGG!!!!! Off to the motel again:) It is truly sad when the front office knows you by name now. We were lucky to get another room on the other side of the motel so it was much quieter. As we were getting ready to leave for work and school, again, we get a knock on the door to let us know the A/C there is leaking and going out. How funny is that?! Well today we are finally home and we had to buy a new A/C unit. So much for going to our beloved Disneyland anytime soon:( Sob Sob. At least we are cool and I am sooooooo happy for that!! Wouldn't I have been a horrible pioneer?!

8 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

i'm glad your A/C is up and running. And I can't help but laugh that you have brainwashed your children into loving Disney as much as you do!!

I've linked up with you, so now I can blog-stalk you regularly. ;)

Rubalcavas said...

Yay....I'm glad you're cool again! We've been cooler here too..

Joele and Matt said...

Ness, I'm so glad you are cooler too. That humidity is a killer!

Good to hear from you Melissa. Of course I am going to have my kids worship Disney. That's almost the best thing on the planet!!! I'm glad that I can blog-stalk you too:)

CASSIE said...

YOU KNOW--SOMEHOW THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ARE SOOO WORTH BEING COOL! WE'LL JUST HAVE TO GO TO DISNEYLAND IN YOUR PLACE!!

The Self's said...

I'm glad you're cool! Wish I was...evap in monsoon season should be a sin :-P

Joele and Matt said...

You better not go to Disneyland in our place or we will be so sad Cass!:)

We had a swamp and a regular AC in our old house. I could always tell when it was time to switch it over. I feel for you. Hang in there, Mel!

Auburn said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I just saw that you had made a comment on Kyla's blog when I was! Fun! I feel your pain on the a/c. Ours was just out for the second time this summer and got fixed yesterday . . .and it's only ONE year old. AHHH!

JC and Jen Young said...

I think I would have choosen Disney...well maybe not, just ask my mom how lovley I am when it is to hot