Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Last week was Spring Break here. I had to work the beginning of the week. Towards then end though I took some time off so me and the fam could have some fun. Unfortunately we didn't get to go anywhere but did manage to have a good time at home. Let me rephrase that the girls and I didn't get to go anywhere but the boys got to take a little trip. I will blog about that next. Thursday I took the kids to the AZ Science Center. We decided to try out the new Lite Rail instead of having to deal with traffic and parking. Once I was able to figure out the whole train system we actually had a fun time riding the train. We got to the Science Center and tried to have some fun. Don't get me wrong. It is a cool museum. Maybe I was just grouchy but it didn't seem as great as the last time we went. It just is very expensive and our favorite usual exhibits are no longer there. It just seemed like everything was under construction. It was also very crowded so that didn't help my mood much. The kids had a good time and that is what really matters. They did give me a heart attack on the way back though. I was buying my tickets for the train when it pulled up. I thought they were going to get on without me. I'm sure I looked like a lunatic running for the train and yelling at the kids DO NOT GET ON THAT TRAIN WITHOUT ME!!! Luckily they actually listened to their mom.





Friday Matt was able to come with us and we went to the Dino Museum. I know that is not it's technical name but they just changed it again and I can't for the life of me remember the new name. This museum is a Bucko favorite. They added some pretty cool new exhibits to the changing part of the museum and the kids loved it. They of course loved the rest of the museum and had lots of fun. Afterwards we were able to go to Bill Johnson's Big Apple to eat. Man do we love that place. All I could think of all day was the fried zucchini. I usually can't stop thinking about their pulled pork but decided to think about their chicken fried steak instead. It of course was tasty as usual. Yum! Yum! What a fun day!







Disclaimer: Picture taking wasn't our strong suit this time around. Sorry!

No comments: